On the bar of the pin there is the emblem of the largest Soviet sports society “Spartak” – the Rusian letter “C” (stands for Spartak) against the background of a red and white ribbon.
The pin itself represents a stylized order in the shape of a star which has an inscription along the perimeter: “Champion of the Stavropol Region”.
In the center of the star there is a grey metal insertion of a relief image of volleyball players.
Stavropol region is a major agricultural and industrial region of Russia, and the home region of the first President of the USSR – Mikhail Gorbachev.
“Spartak”, since 1935, was the largest in the USSR All-union voluntary sport society of the trade unions.
The name of the Society was derived both in honour of Spartacus (the leader of the Roman gladiators revolt), and the revolutionary union of the German Social Democrats.
During the Soviet period the Spartak society, due to its belonging to the trade unions, was called the “people’s team” – as opposed to the Army’s sports club “CSKA” and the Militia’s club “Dynamo”.