The naval flag of the USSR represents a white cloth with a blue strip going along the lower selvage of the flag. In the left part there is a red five-point star turned up. In the right part of the cloth there are crossed sickle and hammer of red color – the symbol of unity of the workers and peasants.
Down the relief image of the ship stands the text: “Light Cruiser”. Over the figured ribbon stands her name: “Krasny Kavkaz”.
All the pins from the series are made of aluminum alloy with the safety pin fastening. The method of painting is cold enamel.
“Krasny Kavkaz” (Red Caucasus) is a light cruiser of the Soviet Navy. She participated in the hostilities as a part of the Black Sea Fleet in the Second World War and supported Soviet troops during the Siege of Odessa, the Siege of Sevastopol, and the Kerch-Feodosiya Operation in the winter of 1941-1942.
On April 3, 1942 she became the first Guards ship of the Black Sea Fleet.
During the period of 1941-1943 the cruiser accomplished 64 military campaigns, fired 13 squadrons of the enemy, destroyed 2 tanks and 3 aircrafts, bombed over 5 battalions of the enemy infantry. She transported more than 25,000 people. Repulsed nearly 200 air attacks.
On June 24, 1945 the red flag of the cruiser “Krasnyi Kavkaz” was carried in front of the Lenin’s Mausoleum on the Victory Day Parade in Moscow.
On May 12, 1947 the outdated light cruiser was reclassified as a “training ship”, and in the spring of 1952 – a “target ship”.
On November 21, 1952 after the testing of the guided-missile system “Kometa”, the tested cruise missile was equipped with a warhead. As the result of the rocket hit, the ship broke into two parts and sank in less than 3 minutes. The supposed place of the shipwreck is the area of Feodosia Bay.
In 1955 the Guards training ship “Krasny Kavkaz” has been excluded from the lists of the USSR warships, and the name “Krasny Kavkaz” was given to a large anti-submarine ship.