The Bear is the historic symbol of the division, its strength and dignity.
The oak leaves symbolize longevity and power.
The national flag of Russia – the tricolor – symbolizes: white – peace, purity, chastity; blue – faith, loyalty and truth; red – persistence, energy, strength, courage and the blood shed for the country.
The 4th Kantemirovskaya Tank Division of the Guards was formed on June 26, 1942 at Voronezh. It became one of the ancestors of Russian tank forces. It fought at Kursk, in Donbass, the Right-Bank of the Dnieper (Ukraine), the Dukla Pass, Sandomierz bridgehead.
The units of the division liberated Krakow, Prague, came out to join up with the Allies at the Elbe, carried heavy fighting near Dresden. Thirty-two soldiers of the division were awarded the title of the Hero of the Soviet Union, five soldiers became full holders of the Order of Glory, and more than 20,000 were awarded other orders and medals.
After the Victory Parade, in which the division was involved in its full force, Stalin had given it the name Kantemirovskaya since its soldiers were the first who liberated Kantemirovka village from the Nazis.
Nowadays Kantemyrivskya division is a powerful formation of tank corps, motorized infantry regiments, artillery and air defense units.