A round black fabric patch with a yellow (golden) edging.
In the center of the sleeve patch there is an image of an Alsatian’s head with its tongue hanging out.
The date of the foundation of the Russian Dog Service is considered June 21, 1909, when the first Russia’s kennel and dog training school was opened in St. Petersburg.
During the Soviet times (USSR) a special dog training system aimed at developing guarding-protective skills needed in detention, escort and protection of the detainee, when searching drugs and explosives, as well as in anti-terrorist operations, was developed in the country.
Despite significant technical advances, dogs remain indispensable helpers of law enforcement, effectively helping to protect public order and disclose most complicated crimes.
The service dogs occupy a special place in the Russian Interior Ministry Troops: no engineer reconnaissance team, as a part of the united forces in the North Caucasus, does not go on a combat mission without a handler with a well-trained mine detecting dog. A handler and a sapper complement each other, and a dog’s great power of scent will help in a situation when a minesweeper is powerless.