The sleeve patch is a non-typical for the Armed Forces six-pointed shield with an image of a bear in a frame of oak leaves on the background of the national flag of Russia.
The bear is a historic symbol of the division, its strength and dignity.
The oak leaves symbolize longevity and power.
At the top of the sleeve patch there is the name of the division, at the bottom – its motto.
The 4th Guards Kantemirovskaya Armored Division, which became one of the ancestors of Russian panzers, was founded on June 26, 1942 in Voronezh. It fought on the Kursk, the Donbass, the Right-Bank Ukraine, the Dukla Pass, the Sandomierz bridgehead.
The units of the Division freed Krakow, Prague, came to join up with the Allies on the Elbe, fought heavily near Dresden. Thirty-two warriors of the Division were awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union, five became full holders of the Order of Glory, more than 20,000 were awarded various orders and medals.
After the Victory Parade, in which the division took part in its full force, Stalin gave it the name “Kantemirovskaya”, since its soldiers were the first fighters liberated Kantemirovka village from Nazi invaders.
Today Kantemirovskaya Division is a powerful compound consisting of panzer and motorized infantry regiments, artillery and air defense.