The small emblem of the Troops of Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense is a golden contour image of a regular hexagon with three golden radiating rays.
The elements of the emblem symbolize: the regular hexagon – a chemical compound benzene (“benzene ring”), which is used to indicate belonging to chemistry; the radiating rays – radioactive decay with three streams of ionizing radiation (alpha, beta and gamma); the torch – the use of flame-thrower and incendiary pieces as one of the tasks of NCB protection.
The 4th Separate Motorized Antitank Flamethrower Battalion was formed from several mouth explosive flamethrowers on May 16, 1943 in the suburbs of Stalingrad. After some time the Battalion was awarded the Order of the Red Banner for the exemplary performance of combat missions in crossing the river Dniester as well as the access to the USSR state border and for displaying courage and bravery. For the liberation of Transylvania, the Batallion was given the name “Transylvania”, and for the taking of the city of Zvolen and displaying courage, it was awarded the Order of Alexander Nevsky.
Based on the 4th Separate Motorized Antitank Flamethrower Battalion, the 282nd Training Centre of the Troops of NBC Defense was formed in 1970.
The sleeve insignia of the 282nd Training Center for the commanders of flamethrower troops and specialists of nuclear, chemical and biological protection.
Regalia: martial name – “Transylvania”, the Order of the Red Banner and the Order of Alexander Nevsky.
Chevron is a small emblem of NBC Troops, on the background of which there is a black raven – a symbol of wisdom, experience and knowledge.
The curly ribbon wears the name of the training center: “Transylvania”.
At the bottom of the sleeve patch there are a flaming torch – the symbol of a flamethrower battalion, and waving ribbons: at the left – the ribbon of the Order of the Red Banner, a the right – the Order of Alexander Nevsky.
COLLECTIONView all patches in collection
Sleeve Patch of Ryazan Higher Military Command School of the Airborne Troops named after Army General V. F. Margelov.
Motto: “Onslaught, Courage, Victory.”
The emblem of the sleeve patch is made in the form of an eagle with wide spread wings holding a shield with the emblem of the Airborne Troops.
The sleeve patch of the Terek Cossack Host for the full-dress uniform. Approved in 1997.
The Terek Cossacks live along the North Caucasian mountain rivers – Terek, Sunzha, Kura, Malka, Kuma.
Officially the Terek Cossack Host exists since 1577, now it is included in the state register of the Cossack Hosts.
The staff of the Host is located in the city of Vladikavkaz.
The sleeve patch of the reconnaissance company of the 34th Separate Special Operations Brigade of the Interior Troops (OBRON).
The emblem is an inverted spear or an arrowhead on the maroon background of which there is a picture of a desmodus (vampire bat) sitting on the sword and the grid of optical sight.