The pin represents a goldenly framed exhibition painting. The golden surface gives the frame a neutral character and matches the colors of the painting and its interior. In the center of the painting there is a three-masted battleship riding the waves from right to left. The naval flag of the Russian Empire is raised astern. The flag was named after Apostle Andrew, the saint patron of Russia.
The image on the pin is a replica of a Dutch artist Pieter Picart’s engraving of 1713.
The text on the pin reads: “Frigate Poltava, 1712”.