From the Regulation on the chest pin badge “For the Long Campaign” of 1976:
1. The pin badge is awarded to the most distinguished Navy sailors and officers for participation in long-distance and special campaigns on warships and auxiliary vessels of the Soviet Navy.
The pin badge is to be awarded to the crew, cadets of the Naval schools, practicing aboard, as well as sailors and officers of the Navy, attached to the campaign.
2. The badges with an image of a submarine are awarded to the crew of a submarine; with an image of a cruiser – to the crew of a surface vessel.
3. The presentation of the pin badge takes place be the Commander-in-Chief of the Fleet, if the mission of the campaign is fulfilled, there was no accidents, breakdowns and wrecks due to the fault of the crew.
The “Long Campaign”, giving the right to award the pin badge is considered to be:
for the Black Sea Fleet – sailing beyond the Bosporus and the Dardanelles;
for the Northern Fleet – sailing beyond the Barents Sea;
for the Baltic Fleet – sailing beyond the Danish straits;
for the Pacific Fleet – sailing beyond the Okhotsk Sea and the Sea of Japan;
for all the ships and vessels of the Navy – the transition from one theater to another through the Northern Sea Route.
4. The presentation of the chest pin badges is carried out in state by the commander of the ship personally, in front of the crew.
5. The pin badge “For the Long Campaign” may be awarded with the pin badge only once. And the awarding is never awarded for the subsequent voyages, regardless of their distance and duration.
The history of the badge goes back to 1954, when the decoration “For the Voyage to England” was established. All the crew of the cruiser “Sverdlov”, which took part in the parade devoted to the coronation of the English Queen Elisabeth II, were rewarded with the decoration.
Further, in 1956, the next decoration was established. It was devoted to the visit of the Soviet ships, including the cruiser “Ordzhonikidze” and the destroyers “Sovershenny” and Smotryaschy”, to England.
The first decoration pin badge “For the Long Campaign” was approved by the Order of May 22, 1961 No 149, issued by the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy.
COLLECTIONView all patches in collection
The sleeve patch is the symbol of belonging to the Volga Cossack Host, the symbol of military comradeship and brotherhood, it represents the unbreakable bond of all generations of the Volga Cossacks.
The patch is to be worn on the left sleeve of the uniform of every of the Volga Cossacks.
It is handed together with a chest badge at the moment of taking oath.
The cockade and the emblem to the ceremonial full-dress service cap and peakless cap of the sergeants and petty officers of the service for a fixed period (conscription recruitment), soldiers, sailors, military students (academy men), Suvorov military and Nakhimov naval cadets.
The ceremonial and full dress uniform for the Soviet Army ranks and sergeants of the service for a fixed period (conscription recruitment) was established in 1969.
The cockade of Russian Navy admirals, designed to be worn on the cap bands, framed with golden sewing in the form of a wreath of laurel branches and oak leaves.
The cockade of the flag officers of the Fleet is made of anodized goldish metal in the form of the oval Navy cockade topped with the emblem of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
The cockade with the “Red Star” emblem was intended to be worn on a military headdress (garrison cap, panama hat, or beret) by the junior leaders of recruitment, the rank and file soldiers and sailors, cadets of military schools, Suvorov military and Nakhimov naval cadets.
The cockade is a five-pointed star with the hammer and sickle.
The cockade is fastened with a clamper (or “the barbs”). The method of painting – cold enamel.
The tiny lapel pin badge of the servicemen of the Special Purpose Detachment of the Interior Troops of Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD).
The emblem stands for the years of glorious fighting history. Initially it belonged to the first created in the USSR special actions group “Vityaz” (Knight-errant). The fist over the machine gun shortly and clearly shows force and confidence. Further this emblem was borrowed by the majority of the special forces detachments.