From the Regulation on the chest pin badge “For the Long Campaign” of 1976:
1. The pin badge is awarded to the most distinguished Navy sailors and officers for participation in long-distance and special campaigns on warships and auxiliary vessels of the Soviet Navy.
The pin badge is to be awarded to the crew, cadets of the Naval schools, practicing aboard, as well as sailors and officers of the Navy, attached to the campaign.
2. The badges with an image of a submarine are awarded to the crew of a submarine; with an image of a cruiser – to the crew of a surface vessel.
3. The presentation of the pin badge takes place be the Commander-in-Chief of the Fleet, if the mission of the campaign is fulfilled, there was no accidents, breakdowns and wrecks due to the fault of the crew.
The “Long Campaign”, giving the right to award the pin badge is considered to be:
for the Black Sea Fleet – sailing beyond the Bosporus and the Dardanelles;
for the Northern Fleet – sailing beyond the Barents Sea;
for the Baltic Fleet – sailing beyond the Danish straits;
for the Pacific Fleet – sailing beyond the Okhotsk Sea and the Sea of Japan;
for all the ships and vessels of the Navy – the transition from one theater to another through the Northern Sea Route.
4. The presentation of the chest pin badges is carried out in state by the commander of the ship personally, in front of the crew.
5. The pin badge “For the Long Campaign” may be awarded with the pin badge only once. And the awarding is never awarded for the subsequent voyages, regardless of their distance and duration.
The history of the badge goes back to 1954, when the decoration “For the Voyage to England” was established. All the crew of the cruiser “Sverdlov”, which took part in the parade devoted to the coronation of the English Queen Elisabeth II, were rewarded with the decoration.
Further, in 1956, the next decoration was established. It was devoted to the visit of the Soviet ships, including the cruiser “Ordzhonikidze” and the destroyers “Sovershenny” and Smotryaschy”, to England.
The first decoration pin badge “For the Long Campaign” was approved by the Order of May 22, 1961 No 149, issued by the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy.
COLLECTIONView all patches in collection
The sleeve patch of the servicemen of the Plesetsk Cosmodrome.
A cloth stripe with the emblem of the Russian Space Forces and the text of affiliation with the Plesetsk Cosmodrome.
The Plesetsk Cosmodrome is the most northern cosmodrome in the world and occupies an area of 1762 square km.
A chest patch for full-dress military uniform, which is located above the right chest pocket of the uniform.
The patch represents the undisputed (since 1955) emblem of the Airborne Troops (an open parachute with a paratrooper and two aircrafts on each side) and the inscription of relating to the Airborne Troops.
The general sleeve insignia for all Russian Cossacks without defining the belonging to a particular Cossack Host.
Is designed for wearing on the casual uniform.
In the center of the emblem there is the image of St. George on horseback slaying a dragon on the background of the national flag of the Russian Federation.
Sleeve insignia of the snipers of the Special Operations Group “Scorpion” of the 47th Regiment of the 100th Division of Russian Interior Ministry Troops.
The sleeve patch contains a stylized image of the semi-automatic sniper rifle of Eugeniy Dragunov (SVD) and the symbol of the regiment – scorpion – the personification of mortal danger and unpredictability.
The upper cockade of the Russian Armed Forces is a custom metal sign on the military headdress (service cap). It was approved in 1998 and is applied to the present time.
The cockade represents the emblem of the Russian Armed Forces in the form of a golden double-headed eagle with outstretched wings, holding a sword (a symbol of readiness to defend the Fatherland) and a laurel wreath (a symbol of glory and honor).
The cockade and the emblem to the ceremonial full-dress service cap and peakless cap of the sergeants and petty officers of the service for a fixed period (conscription recruitment), soldiers, sailors, military students (academy men), Suvorov military and Nakhimov naval cadets.
The ceremonial and full dress uniform for the Soviet Army ranks and sergeants of the service for a fixed period (conscription recruitment) was established in 1969.
The cockade of Russian Navy admirals, designed to be worn on the cap bands, framed with golden sewing in the form of a wreath of laurel branches and oak leaves.
The cockade of the flag officers of the Fleet is made of anodized goldish metal in the form of the oval Navy cockade topped with the emblem of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.