The history of the badge goes back to 1954, when the decoration “For the Voyage to England” was established. All the crew of the cruiser “Sverdlov”, which took part in the parade devoted to the coronation of the English Queen Elisabeth II, were rewarded with the decoration.
Further, in 1956, the next decoration was established. It was devoted to the visit of the Soviet ships, including the cruiser “Ordzhonikidze” and the destroyers “Sovershenny” and Smotryaschy”, to England.
The first decoration pin badge “For the Long Campaign” was approved by the Order of May 22, 1961 No 149, issued by the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. According to the Order, the decoration was awarded to the Navy sailors for their participation in long and special campaigns by battle ships and auxiliary vessels of the Soviet Navy.
The presentation of the chest pin badges “For the Long Campaign” is carried out in state by the commander of the ship.
The badges with an image of a submarine are awarded to the crew of a submarine; with an image of a cruiser – to the crew of a surface vessel.
The badge is carried on the right side. Sailors and civil personnel of the Navy may be awarded with the pin badge “For the Long Campaign” only once. In case of losing it, a new one is not given.
The modern pin badge “For the Long Campaign” was approved by the Order of March 21, 199 No 123, issued by the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation.
The pin badge is awarded to the Navy sailors who have proven themselves and shown high discipline, and to the civil personnel of the Navy for their participation in long campaigns by ships and vessels of the fleet, provided that they have successfully fulfilled their tasks.
The “Long Campaign” means:
moving from one theater of operations to the other (for all the ships of the Navy);
campaigns without stopping at bases, with length of more than a half out of full autonomy (for a submarine);
the duration of the campaign is not less than 30 days with passing at least 500 miles from the base (for surface ships of the 3rd rank and vessels with displacement up to 1000 tons);
the duration of the campaign is not less than 45 days including the ships of the Northern Fleet passing the Norwegian Sea;
the ships of the Pacific Fleet passing 300 miles from the base;
the ships of the Black Sea Fleet passing the Aegean Sea;
the ships of the Baltic Fleet passing the North Sea (for surface ships of the 1st or 2nd rank and vessels with displacement of more than 1000 tons).
COLLECTIONView all badges in collection
Nicholas II was the last Russian Emperor, the king of Poland and Grand Duke of Finland. His official short title was Nicholas II, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias. As with other Russian Emperors he is commonly known by the monarchical title Tsar. He is also known as Saint Nicholas the Passion-Bearer by the Russian Orthodox Church and is referred to as Saint Nicholas the Martyr.
The upper cockade of the Russian Armed Forces is a custom metal sign on the military headdress (service cap). It was approved in 1998 and is applied to the present time.
The cockade represents the emblem of the Russian Armed Forces in the form of a golden double-headed eagle with outstretched wings, holding a sword (a symbol of readiness to defend the Fatherland) and a laurel wreath (a symbol of glory and honor).
The general sleeve patch for any of the units and formations of the Airborne Troops of the USSR and Russia.
In the center of the patch there is the image of an open golden parachute with and two airplanes from the both sides of it.
Approved in 1955.
The of the emblem is Zinaida Bocharova, a draftsman of the Airborne Staff.
Sleeve host patch of the Irkutsk Cossacks. Approved in 1998.
Cossacks were in the vicinity of the Lake Baikal in the XVII century, when the active development of Siberia took place. Since the XVIII century the Irkutsk Cossacks joined the troops of the Russian Empire.
In 1998 it was decided to reinstate Irkutsk Cossack Host and its glorious traditions.
Nowadays the Cossacks help to keep order in the country, cavalry units are patrolling the city and punish the violators.
Sleeve insignia of the fighters of the separate sniper squads of the special units of the Army, Police, intelligence and counterterrorist services.
The round sleeve patch contains a picture of a sniper rifle with a telescopic sight against a target.
Depending on the combat arm membership, the beret at the bottom of the emblem takes the appropriate color.