The Baltic Fleet is the cradle of the regular Marine Corps. The formation of the marines regiment for boarding, landing and military service on ships started on November 16, 1705 by the order of the Emperor Peter I. Since that moment the Marines regiments and battalions of the Baltic Fleet participated in all the wars of Russia.
During World War II, 100,000 Baltic sailors on the part of numerous brigades, regiments and battalions participated in the defeat of the Nazi troops near Leningrad, Baltic, East Prussia, laying the foundations of modern application of the Marine Corps.
On March 28, 1942, the 347th Rifle Regiment, baptizes in Stalingrad, was formed on the basis of the Omsk Infantry School. For the liberation of Orel, in September 1943, the regiment was renamed the 336th Guards Regiment. For the capture of the city of Bialystok on August 9, 1944, it was awarded the honorary title “Bialystoksky”. The Regiment finished the fighting South-East Berlin, and then, on May 6, 1945, it came to the river Elbe, where met with the allied U.S. troops.
On November 20, 1979, the 336th Separate Guards Regiment “Bialystoksky” was transformed into a marine brigade.
Since 1967 to 1989 the Marines performed combat missions in the waters of the Oceans, including Egypt and Angola.
Since 1989 to 1993 the staff of the Brigade served for defending the important objects of the Fleet in the Baltic republics and cities: Riga, Liepaja, Klaipeda, Tallinn.
In 1995, the 879th Airborne Assault and the 877th Marines Battalions of the regiment were sent to the North Caucasus to perform special tasks.
46 Marines were killed in combat missions, and five were awarded the title of the “Hero of Russia”.
Since 2004, the divisions of the 336th Brigade are on the combat duty in the Mediterranean.
COLLECTIONView all patches in collection
The sleeve patch of the Siberian Cossacks. Approved in 1997.
Siberian Cossack Host is governmental paramilitary unit in Siberia, which also includes the territory of the North and East Kazakhstan.
It was formed immediately after joining Siberia to Muscovy under Ivan the Terrible on December 6, 1582.
The Siberian Cossacks carried military service in exchange for land and partial autonomy.
The central headquarters of the Siberian Cossack Host is located in the city of Omsk.
Dog tag “Border Guard Service of Russia” (Skull) is made of stainless steel with enamel. It is an image of the waving Russian state flag overlaid with the “dead head” in a green beret.
At the top of the tag there is the inscription: “RUSSIA”, at the bottom – an abbreviation: “FPS” – Federal Border Guard Service.
The dog tag of the soldiers of the 3rd Separate Brigade of Special Purpose of the Internal Forces of the Republic of Belarus.
The symbol of the brigade is the lynx – a dweller of Belarusian forest. It is an agile, fast, careful and at the same time cunning and clever animal.
Obviously, the soldiers of Belarusian special forces pretend to own the same qualities.